- B.S. in Genetics, Clemson University (2010)
- M.S. in Biotechnology, Claflin University (2014)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Gilliam Fellowship for Advanced Study (2017-2020)
- GRO Fellowship, University of Georgia Graduate School (2016-2017)
- National Institutes of Health NIAID Research Supplement to Promote Diversity, (2015)
Zhao W, Cheng R, Jenkins BD, Zhu T, Okonkwo NE, Jones CE, Davis MB, Kavuri SK, Hao Z, Schroeder C, Mao L. Label-free ferrohydrodynamic cell separation of circulating tumor cells. Lab on a Chip. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2017.
My research area of interest addresses health disparities in breast cancer between global and ethnic populations. Specifically, I am interested in chemokine networks and their role in immune cell migration in cancer in the context of an atypical chemokine receptor (ACKR1).